The Marvell 88W8897A SoC is the industry’s first 802.11ac chip to combine Bluetooth 4.2, mobile MIMO, transmit beamforming, and with built-in support for all screen projection technologies gaining momentum in automotive. It continues to support multiple Wi-Fi interfaces via Marvell’s innovative virtual dual-MAC architecture. It supports 2 or 3 antenna configurations giving system designers the ultimate flexibility in their design of IVI, Telematics or wireless Gateway solutions.
- IEEE 802.11ac (draft) compliant, 2x2 MIMO spatial stream multiplexing with data rates up to MCS9 (866.7 Mbps)
- Bluetooth 4.2 + High Speed (HS), supports Low Energy (LE)
The 802.11ac standard significantly increases bandwidth available over the Wi-Fi link, extending wireless capabilities to a variety of new use cases such as reliable high-definition (HD) video streaming, tunneled direct link setup (TDLS) and high-speed wireless backup and sync for mobile devices. Leveraging 802.11ac, the 88W8897A chip delivers up to 867 Mbps of throughput and is ideal for home digital applications, enabling a robust multi-stream HD video experience. Additionally, 802.11ac allows for high speed data sync, which results in lower power consumption and longer battery life.
- IVI, telematics, wireless gateway solutions
- Wireless home audio and video entertainment systems including DTVs, set-top boxes, Blu-ray/ DVD players, media servers, and gaming platforms
- Wireless gateways, routers, and access points