Avastar 88W8997 System-on-Chip
The Marvell® Avastar® 88W8997 System-on-Chip (SoC) is the industry's first 28nm, 11ac (wave-2), 2x2 MU-MIMO combo with full support for Bluetooth 4.2, as well as additional features anticipated to be in future BT5.0 release. It's design enhancements and low-power 28nm process technology reduces its power consumption by up to 40% over existing solutions. It features the highest level of integration in the market including dual band Power Amplifiers (PAs), Low Noise Amplifiers (LNAs) and switches reducing board level BOM (Bill of Materials) to the bare minimum, enabling easy Chip-on-Board and module design for board markets.
- 2x2, MU-MIMO combo, with low power 28nm design
- Bluetooth® v4.2, as well as additional planned enhancements of Bluetooth technology including features such as longer range, higher speeds, and mesh networking for increased Internet of Things (IoT) functionality.
- Dual band PAs, LNAs, & Switches
- Concurrent applications support for a device to have two independent radio links, without compromising the 2x2 MIMO link
- Full featured indoor location capability, including IEEE 802.11mc as well as Bluetooth advancements relating to location-based services
- Flagship Smartphones
- Mobile Computing
- Set-Top Boxes