Prestera PX Port Extender
The Marvell® Prestera® 98PX1012 is a purpose-built port extender device leveraging the industry standard IEEE 802.1BR. Termed PIPE, these passive intelligent port extenders offer a modular approach and an optimized solution to enabling a diversity of port densities and speeds, the 98PX1012 allows customers to easily adapt to various port speeds through multiple configurations.
While existing solutions are designed with a generic switch device that is scaled down to a port extender device, the 98PX1012 is optimized in terms of power, cost and simplification to meet the port-extender requirements.
Marvell’s Prestera PX family also introduces innovative ways to reduce Top-of-Rack (ToR) port configurations by replacing a switch with PIPE devices. This in turn saves power and lowers the cost of maintaining and upgrading systems.
- Ability to economically scale-down to a few ports
- Support of multiple Ethernet speeds 10G/40G and 25G/50G/100G
- Port extender optimized device leveraging the industry standard IEEE 802.1BR
- 64B min packet wire speed
- 16 MACs (4x25, 12x10)
- Flexible parser and programmable header modification
- Flow control propagation (QCN, PFC)
- Shared Data path and buffer
- Cut Through Fast to Slow/ Store & Forward slow to fast
- Remote management using an integrated processor
- Link Aggregation Groups
- Interfaces: PCIe, SMI, XSMI, SPI, I2C
- Supports 2 power rails (1.8v,1v)
- Package 17x17 mm FCBGA
- Aggregation of storage servers, compute micro servers
- 10GbE ports extensions of a central high-density 100GbE-port switches
- Fanout of 10GbE and 40GbE port speeds of 100GbE ports
- Ethernet Port speed conversion 10GbE, 40GbE to 25GbE, 50GbE, 100GbE
- Passive Top-of-rack for 10G serves and 100G uplinks: 48x10G + 4x100G