Prestera CX Ethernet Switch Family
The Prestera® CX Family is a new generation of highly-integrated packet processors enabling single and multi-chip solutions for public and private data center networks. Ideally suited for data center transition from 10/40GbE towards 25/50/100GbE port speeds.
The CX Family supports advanced data center features, such as virtual overlay networking with programmable tunnel header encapsulation, NFV service function chaining, low latency cut-through switching, and advanced congestion mechanisms.
The Prestera® CX Family has sophisticated QoS features to optimize QoS between data center cloud applications, such as metering, counting, scheduling, and shaping. It also supports advanced traffic monitoring features such as sFlow, IPFIX, and remote port analyzing. The hardware OAM engines auto-generate and receive OAM traffic to monitor cloud end-to-end service connectivity and provide high accuracy delay and packet loss measurement.
New standards compliant Congestion Management capabilities in the device, including (but not limited to) Per-priority Flow Control and Enhanced Transmission Selection, allow finer grained responses to network congestion and assist in improving service delivery with deterministic network behavior. Support for Fiber Channel over Ethernet (FCoE) in the Prestera CX family enables the design and deployment of systems that facilitate the convergence of data and storage networks.
Ethernet continues to evolve from a LAN interconnect to a converged and enhanced services fabric that enables the cloud infrastructure. Improved broadband connectivity and a surge in media-centric consumer devices, coupled with advances in multi-core CPUs and virtualization technologies are driving new models of public and private cloud infrastructures. Ongoing advancements in networking, computing, and storage architectures are creating new business opportunities for service delivery, increasing reliability and resiliency while reducing management complexities.
The Marvell® Prestera® CX family is designed to provide Marvell customers with the necessary platform for building the next-generation cloud infrastructure.
Third-Generation Prestera CX Features:
- Industry leading performance and port density with multiple 25/50/100 GbE and 10 GbE ports.
- State-of-the-art programmable parser and header manipulation to enable protocol innovation
- Enhanced QoS and virtual output queues (VOQ) support
- Sophisticated network analytics hooks and engine
- Marvell’s unique time-stamp analytics which support the Packet Conservation Algorithm for Internet (iPCA)
- Advanced virtual overlay networking offering support for NVGRE, VXLAN-GPE, Network Services Header (NSH), Geneve, Shortest Path Bridging (SPB), TRILL and GRE
- Server virtualization compliant with IEEE 802.1Qbg EVB and 802.1BR Port Extender
- Data Center Bridging (DCB) standards – Priority-based Flow Control (PFC), Congestion Notification (CN), and Enhanced Transmission Selection (ETS)
- Dynamic power management capabilities and one of the lowest power footprints per gigabit of throughput in its class, enabling the design of green datacenters