Marvell Showcases Industry's Comprehensive Solutions for Internet of Things, Wireless, Broadband and Smart Home at Mobile World Congress 2016
Marvell exhibits its expansive suite of Internet of Things (IoT), wireless and broadband solutions that power today’s most advanced smart devices, appliances and services
Barcelona and Santa Clara, California
(February 22, 2016) –
Marvell (NASDAQ:MRVL), a world leader in storage, cloud infrastructure, Internet of Things, connectivity and multimedia semiconductor solutions, will showcase this week at Mobile World Congress 2016 in Barcelona, Spain its industry-leading, comprehensive suite of silicon and software platform solutions for IoT, wireless, broadband and Smart home ecosystems. As a leader in innovation and silicon design, Marvell will demonstrate its latest integrations with Google Weave and Brillo, as well as advancements in its Kinoma® suite of products, modular chip (MoChi™) virtual system-on-chip (VSoC™) and Andromeda Box™ platform. Demonstrations will take place at Marvell’s booth, located in CC8 meeting room 8.23 in Hall 8.1.
“Marvell is committed to continuously delivering the most advanced technologies to power the Smart home, wearable market and industrial applications. Our latest partnerships and integrations showcased at Mobile World Congress position Marvell at the forefront of design and innovation for the next wave of connected devices,” said Maya Strelar-Migotti, Senior Vice President of Smart Networked Devices and Solutions (SNDS) Business Group at Marvell Semiconductor, Inc. “We strive to engineer products that deliver smart, cost-effective solutions enabling a smarter world.”
A complete demonstration of IoT and Wireless solutions will be showcased and will include:
- Marvell’s EZ-Connect™ MW300/302 Wi-Fi microcontrollers, the industry’s first MCU platform integrated with Google Weave, a communications platform for IoT devices that enables device setup, phone-to-device-to-cloud communication and user interaction from mobile devices and the Web as well as support for Apple HomeKit.
- Marvell’s IAP140 quad-core ARM Cortex A53 application processor combined with Marvell’s industry-leading wireless connectivity solutions
- Marvell’s latest Wi-Fi, Bluetooth®, Zigbee, technologies, including its Avastar® 88W8977 and 88W8997 28nm Wi-Fi and Bluetooth v4.2 low-power SoC, which are designed to deliver the ultimate solution in wireless connectivity, for a robust and uninterrupted consumer experience and advanced indoor location and navigation technologies using standards based solutions including 802.11mc and planned enhancements of Bluetooth technology relating to location-based services.
- Marvell’s IAP-based Andromeda Box platform made for Brillo to accelerate the development of connected devices.
- Marvell’s Andromeda Box gateway that features the ARMADA® 385 dual-core ARM Cortex A9 application processor with integrated SATA, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 802.15.4 and 2.5GbE uplink to cloud services, ideally suited for IoT gateway solutions.
- Cutting-edge carrier-grade connectivity built for service providers from 4x4 Wi-Fi to G.hn for gigabit networking over powerline, coax and phone line.
- Marvell’s newest products based on its revolutionary MoChi architecture, including the ARMADA 3700 SoC and G.hn Wave-2 networking technology. Marvell’s MoChi architecture provides customers the ability to easily and seamlessly connect to other Marvell MoChi modules to create a VSoC, enabling lower system cost, simpler board design and faster time-to-market.
- LTE thin-modem technology for mobile broadband, telematics and M2M applications.
Marvell at Mobile World Congress
Marvell’s latest technologies will be showcased at Mobile World Congress 2016, being held Feb. 22 –Feb. 25, 2016, at Fira Gran Via in Barcelona. To see demonstrations and learn more, show attendees and media can visit the Marvell booth, located in the Hall 8.1 in CC8 meeting room 8.23.
Marvell (NASDAQ: MRVL) is a global leader in providing complete silicon solutions and Kinoma software enabling the “Smart Life and Smart Lifestyle.” From storage to cloud infrastructure, Internet of Things (IoT), connectivity and multimedia, Marvell’s diverse product portfolio aligns complete platform designs with industry-leading performance, security, reliability and efficiency. At the core of the world’s most powerful consumer, network and enterprise systems, Marvell empowers partners and their customers to always stand at the forefront of innovation, performance and mass appeal. By providing people around the world with mobility and ease of access to services adding value to their social, personal and work lives, Marvell is committed to enhancing the human experience. For more information, please visit www.Marvell.com.
Marvell, the M logo, Avastar and Kinoma are registered trademarks of Marvell and/or its affiliates. Andromeda Box, Marvell EZ-Connect, Marvell VSoC are trademarks of Marvell and/or its affiliates. Other names and brands may be claimed as the property of others